As the 2010 Census showed, San Francisco has the least percentage of children of any major city in the country. David has worked hard to support San Francisco’s families and reverse family flight.
- Supported expanding city funding for schools, afterschool programs and childcare services critical for struggling families.
- Changed Muni policy to allow parents with strollers for babies and young children to board buses.
- Passed landmark legislation that gives parents and caregivers the right to request flexible working arrangements from their employers.
- Obtained funding for low-income students to receive free school supply kits and dental kits for oral health necessities.
- Promoted active lifestyles for San Francisco children by fighting to build more neighborhood parks and supporting efforts to refurbish outdated and unsafe athletic fields.
- Significantly expanded funding for domestic violence nonprofits that are on the front line serving at-risk women, children and families.